Recently, the Ohio Hospital Association released a member resource with answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding the Ohio Hospital Care Assurance Program (HCAP), its related hospital free care requirement and Ohio Medicaid DSH Program Audits. The FAQ is available as an MS Word download here: HCAP-July-2013-FAQ-Updates
- House Subcommittee Sets Hearing on Credit Reporting System
- New Medicaid enrollees sicker, increasing ED use
- Study: ACA coverage may have curbed ED use among young adults
- HHS Announces $60 million in Grant Awards to 90 Navigator Organizations
- One in four Americans has more medical debt than emergency savings
Sort News by Category
- Familiar Medicare talking points pop up in tight congressional races September 13, 2014Healthcare has not been at the forefront of Iowa's tightly contested Senate race between Democratic Rep. Bruce Braley and Republican state Sen. Joni Ernst. But last week, the National Republican Senatorial Committee started running an ad attacking...
- Health centers to get hefty cash boost to expand primary-care services September 12, 2014Community health centers across the country are slated to receive $295 million in federal funding in an effort to expand access to primary-care services to more than a million new patients.
- Bill Delaying Physician Supervision Requirement Advances September 15, 2014Sept. 15—The House gave voice vote approval recently to legislation that would delay a physician supervision requirement, which CMS began enforcing Jan. 1.
- Analysis: Readmission Penalties Disproportionately Affect Safety Net Hospitals September 12, 2014Sept. 12—Hospitals in three large Midwestern cities had higher Medicare readmission penalties than hospitals in the rest of their states combined, a new analysis found.