Recently, the Ohio Hospital Association released a member resource with answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding the Ohio Hospital Care Assurance Program (HCAP), its related hospital free care requirement and Ohio Medicaid DSH Program Audits. The FAQ is available as an MS Word download here: HCAP-July-2013-FAQ-Updates
- Missouri throws first big wrench into Aetna-Humana deal
- ACA News: In-house Collections, CMS Multi-payer Initiative and more
- ACA Marketplaces Still Struggle to Enroll Young Adults
- Overtime pay rules will affect millions of healthcare workers
- Larry Robbins’ hedge fund sells off all CHS, UHS hospital stocks
Sort News by Category
- Senators seek lawmakers' focus on mental health reform May 21, 2016Sens. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) and Bill Cassidy (R-La.) hope a gathering of mental health professionals this week will remind their fellow legislators that time is running out to reform the country's mental health system.
- Highmark sues feds over ACA payments May 17, 2016Health insurer Highmark is suing the federal government to recover money owed under the risk-corridor program for plans sold on the Affordable Care Act's insurance exchanges. Republicans in Congress, calling the program a bailout for insurers,...
- 10 Trends in Employer-Sponsored Insurance May 25, 2016May 25—Relatively slow growth in healthcare costs but increasing burdens on employees were found in two major reports tracking ongoing changes in employer-sponsored health insurance.
- Bill Advances to Modify HRRP, Avert HOPD Cuts May 24, 2016May 24—The hospital readmission reduction program (HRRP) would add a first-time socioeconomic status (SES) adjustment under legislation that began to advance this week in the U.S. House of Representatives.